Thursday, November 25, 2010

New Blog

Well I had a different blog for my trip but I forgot my user name and password so it looks like I am starting over...

It is only four months until I leave for Japan.  I am so excited!  I can't wait to find out where I will be and who my host family is. 

Right now I'm kind of at the waiting stage in this whole process.  I have sent in all of my applications and paperwork but don't yet have a host family or location so there is not much to do in preparation.  I am learning Japanese though!  Hopefully when I get over there I will at least be able to say a few things to communicate with my family. 

I went to an AFS weekend about a month ago.  It was so much fun!  It included all of the current exchange students in the West Carolinas as well as American students like me planning to go abroad in the future.  I got a lot out of talking to the current exchange people about their trips.  They had so many funny stories and views of America.  Most of them had a really positive view of their exchange which made me even more eager to go to Japan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment